Last update: August 26th, 2022
- Who we are
- Personal data we collect
- Why we collect and process your personal data?
- Sharing your personal data
- Data transfers to other countries
- Personal data retention
- Personal data security
- Your rights
- How to contact us
1. Who we are
BARACODA (SA) is a French company (hereinafter “BARACODA”, “we” or “us”), having its registered office at 115-123 avenue Charles de Gaulle, 92200 Neuilly-sur-Seine.
3. Personal data we collect
A personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
Your personal data can be directly furnished by you when filing the “Contact Us” form, or by third parties (e.g. via cookies provided by Google Analytics as detailed in section 12), or directly by BARACODA when you use the Service.
We collect and process your personal data in the following contexts:
- When you use the Service, whether or not you have completed the “Contact Us” form, we collect your unique identifier (IP address) tied to the browser, application, or device you’re using to access the Service. As an example, this helps us maintain your language preferences. We also collect your technical and browsing information on our Service (as detailed in section 12 on cookies), as well as any other information you directly and voluntarily provide to us when browsing our Service (e.g., your email address if you subscribe to our newsletter).
- In addition, when you complete the “Contact Us” form, we collect information that we store: your name and surname, your email address, your phone number if you filed the corresponding field.
4. Why we collect and process your personal data?
On the basis of your consent and on our legitimate interest, we use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide personalized services;
- To answer your questions or requests for information (e.g., if you want to apply for a job, if you need information, or if you have a project that you want to discuss with us);
- To analyze your use of the Service and to improve it;
- For technical assistance purposes;
- To comply with legal obligations and law enforcement requests.
5. Sharing your personal data
- To provide services in connection with the Service, third-party service providers can access your personal data (e.g., hosting services).
- In order to fix issues on the Service we can share your personal data with our technical services provider and to subcontractors.
- We might share your personal data in order to comply with legal obligations, or in response to legal or administrative proceedings of any kind or enforcement measures requested by the competent authorities.
- We might share your personal data with our affiliates.
When sharing or giving access to your personal data, we take all appropriate existing means to protect your personal data.
6. Data transfers to other countries
Your personal data are stored in the European Union, no transfer will be performed outside this region.
7. Personal data retention
When you share with us your personal data when filing the “Contact Us” form, we keep your personal data for as long as necessary to process such questions/requests.
When you just browse our Service without filing the “Contact Us” form, we keep your personal data as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we have collected it, until you expressly ask us for their deletion (apart from the cookies which have a specific length as described in section 12). Furthermore, we will keep your personal data no more than three (3) years after your last activity on our Service.
BARACODA does not knowingly collect or retain personally identifiable information about persons under 18 years old. Any person who provides their personal information to BARACODA via the Service represents that they are 18 years of age or older. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 18 has provided his personal data to BARACODA without an adult agreement, please contact us, and we will make every effort to delete that information from our databases.
9. Personal data security
BARACODA is committed to protecting its users' personal data. We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to help protect the security of your personal data. However, be aware that no system is ever completely secure.
10. Your rights
You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- Access: you have the right to (i) access your personal data, to (ii) obtain confirmation as to whether personal data concerning you is processed or not and, if processed, to (iii) obtain access to such data and a copy thereof;
- Rectification: you have the right to obtain the rectification of any inaccurate personal data concerning you. You also have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement;
- Erasure: in some cases, you have the right to obtain the erasure of personal data concerning you. However, this is not an absolute right and BARACODA may have legal or legitimate grounds for keeping certain data for the provision of the Service;
- Restriction: in some cases, you have the right to obtain restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- Data Portability: you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to BARACODA, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit those data to third parties without hindrance from BARACODA. This right only applies when the processing of your personal data is based on your consent or on a contract and such processing is carried out by automated means;
- Object: you have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of personal data concerning you when such processing is based on the legitimate interest of BARACODA. BARACODA may, however, invoke compelling legitimate grounds for continued processing;
- Complaint: you have the right to contact the supervisory authority to complain about BARACODA’s personal data protection practices (in France you can contact the CNIL).
To exercise one or more of these rights, you can contact us at the email address indicated in section 12.
In the event that you are not satisfied by our answer to your request, you are entitled to contact the personal data protection authority concerned.
Cookies are files which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. They are useful as they allow a website to recognize a user's device.
BARACODA may place cookies to enable optimal user experience on the Service when you visit our website or applications. We collect two types of cookies:
- Required: Strictly necessary for the website to work correctly.
- Functional: Used for analytics and performance
12. How to contact us